Samstag, 23. Juli 2011

Where do I come from and where am I going?

Genealogy. Tough, time stealing and most of the time expensive. Yet the desire to know where we come from remains locked deep inside us and at some point, if briefly, forces it's way to the surface of our conciousness. Why? There is of course the feeling of the answer giving a hint at the second big question in this category: Where am I going? A sceptical approach would be to throw an argument like:" What on earth would learning about your family's origin add to answering the question of where you're going?" in there. Maybe it's the feeling of being a part of something bigger, a fragment of a whole thing. I for one, find the thought of learning about my family's origin and past, a comforting thought and will continue my recently started research, if only for the sake of trying to find answers.

Lexi

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen